Monday, March 16, 2009

“By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." (John 13:35)

“Your will be done, on earth as in heaven…” (Matthew 6:10)

Sometimes I have trouble talking to people about my faith. I can be intimidated because it seems like my conversation partner is more knowledgeable than I am about the bible, about prayer, or even about faith itself. Some people have a certain kind of language about their faith. They have certain expectations of how Christian people should act.

While we each have our traditions and practices, I don’t think that God prescribes one particular way for us to live in the world. To do God’s will on earth as in heaven is to love one another as God loves us. If we remember that, we will always be evangelists, speaking and living the good news of God’s love, God’s justice, God’s forgiveness, God’s compassion, and God’s salvation. (French p 61)

Prayer for today

Loving God, help me to share my faith with everyone I encounter by being your loving presence in the world. Let each of us show that we are your disciples because of the love that we show for one another. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment